Earn Interest with your Bitcoins

Small Business Loans

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The one simple habit that changed my entire business and life

The one simple habit that changed my entire business and life - Graphic Design Blender


Is it just me or do we as designers like variety like it really is the elixir of life?
I try so many things it’s not funny.
  • I hate eating the same meal twice — I always have to cook something different. (It drives my partner nuts.)
  • I must have at least 50 unfinished books I’m still reading.
  • 17 unfinished DIY projects around the house.
  • 20+ unfinished courses.
  • Boxes of paints and blank canvases with not a painting in sight.
  • Half knitted scarves.
  • And the list goes on…
So it goes without saying that my daily routine is not a routine at all.
I mean, I know I wrote 97 Habits of Insanely Profitable Designers for you a while back, but to be honest, I like to change things up all the time and rarely stick to the same routine every single day.

Except for just one habit…

No matter what, I always do this one.
  • I might skip the hard core workout at the gym.
  • The visualisation.
  • I may even skip a shower if I’m working from home. (Hey, don’t judge me, I know you do it too!)
But this one thing has literally changed my life.
I feel happier.
I sleep better.
And I am kicking some seriously amazing goals.
It’s simple. Quick. Free.
And life-changing.
  • Is it a gratitude journal? No.
  • Is it EFT tapping? No.
  • Is it meditation? No.
Although all those things are good, I rarely do ALL of them EVERY single day. (I like spicing it up, remember?)
But this one I do.
And I totally believe that you should too.
It’s simply setting your intention for the day with what would make it great, and then at night writing three things that made today amazing.
Just like this…
What would make today great?
  1. …………………………………………………..
  2. …………………………………………………..
  3. …………………………………………………..
Then just before you go to bed… 
3 Amazing things that happened today…
  1. …………………………………………………..
  2. …………………………………………………..
  3. …………………………………………………..
That’s it.
It’s so easy it’s scary, but don’t be fooled by its simplicity.
When I first started doing it I couldn’t believe how often things were coming true. It just couldn’t be this darn easy, right? I mean I’m all for law of attraction and all that but this was something else.
Just to test it out I started to write crazy insane unrealistic things like:
  • 11 inbound website leads (when we normally get about 4-6)
  • $20k in Xmas promo sales (when last year I did $9k)
  • 20 Facebook sales (off a product I created in a day)
  • 3 x SEO leads (when we’d get that in a month)
All in one day.
And guess what? They pretty much all came true. Almost everything I write comes true.
No joke.
The promotion I run at Christmas made me $9k in 2013. I set a goal for $20k for 2014 thinking double was grossly ambitious – and I actually made almost $34k off that one promotion!
Because I take time to reflect on what went well at night time, I go to bed feeling like Wonder Woman. And because I’m internally getting around in full body spandex flaunting my new Wonder Woman powers, I sleep like a baby and wake up as happy!
Sidenote: I don’t always stop at three BTW, sometimes my list has grown to over 20 things that happened in one day that were amazing. Just keep writing until your mind runs blank.
So I encourage you to try it — if nothing else, just try this every morning and night for a week and let me know how it impacts your business and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you can.

SPENCER T. KORANKYE ON BUSINESS FOCUS